Did you know that 70% of kids drop out of sports by the age of 13? The reason is overuse injuries. Overuse injuries account for 1/2 of all sports injuries seen in middle and high school athletes. Young athletes specialize in sports at an earlier age and injuries that were once seen at the end of an athlete's career are now being seen at a much earlier age. This can be prevented by following these easy steps:
1. Don't specialize in just one sport
2. Do proper warm-up and cool-down
3. Do strength training (corrective exercise is preferred)
4. Perform stretching (Active Isolated Stretching is preferred method)
5. Don't return to sport too soon following an injury
6. Listen to your body
Anything and everything health and wellness.